Complex documents made simple
We weren’t satisfied with the current state of word processing and page layout software, so we made something better: a platform to efficiently manage complex publications without compromising design and quality.
- Multiple languages – we’ve built a system that handles multiple languages natively and efficiently. Making two versions of a document no longer means doing everything twice.
- Data flow - content comes from different sources, in different formats. Channeling this data directly into the final layout means less copy-pasting, less errors, and faster turn-around.
- Automation – Text, Machines. Repetitive and tedious tasks should be the computer’s job, not yours.
- Versioning, collaboration, validation – keeping track of what’s-what and who-did-what-when is a gigantic time-sink and source of errors. We’ve built our platform to help untangle this mess.
- Flexible output – we don’t just make it “easy” to output a web, e-book, or tablet app version of your print publication or vise-versa – all of the formats you need are continuously updated with your content, there is no extra step.
- Perfect design – the appearance and quality of your publications should always be top-notch. We make sure all of your documents look just as good or better than if they were hand-made by a designer using traditional page-layout software.
Our first product is Reports.app, a platform optimized for producing financial & annual reports.
Realstone Swiss Property – Annual Report
Our modular platform can be quickly adapted to fit the workflow and production constraints of any type of document you need. If you have a new challenge for us, we’d love to make your job easier.
The architecture of document production is still more or less stuck in the ’80s (and ‘cloud’ versions of popular software packages haven’t fundamentally changed that). Since then, immense progress has been made in the ideas and tools for managing and publishing content for the Web – such as CSS, jQuery, JSON, Git, Node; tools far more powerful than the WYSIWIG approach of traditional DTP publishing can achieve. These are the tools we’re putting to use for document production.